Sars Cov2 pneumonia treated with Homeopathy (Case 2)
All the cases of Dr. Guillermo Zamora presented here come from his daily clinical practice. However, even with the patient’s consent for its publication, some details have been modified to preserve their anonymity.
Professionals at the Institute for Homoeopathic Medicine have already been treating enough COVID-19 cases during this dangerous and very unfortunate pandemic to establish experience. We have also been working from a preventive point of view with very good results.
The homeopathic remedy selected in the case was based on individual symptoms, which means that it works in that case but not in all those who suffer from that disease. The IHM recommendation is that the doctor (and the homeopath who practices genuine homeopathy ) be consulted and that the measures declared by the health authorities be followed.
A homeopathic prescription that is done without modalities might seem somewhat imprecise, however once the concomitant symptoms are successfully combined they can give a clear homoeopathic diagnosis, as seen in the following case:
On January 26, 2021, I was contacted by a retired high command of the Mexican Army. It was his son CS. 53-year-old male, temporary employee who had tested positive for Sars Cov2 antigen. With apparent limitations of the intellect that prevent him from expressing himself adequately due to epilepsy from birth for which he takes Epamin 1-0-2, an indirect interrogation is carried out with the father. It refers to a cough with white expectorations and constant chills day and night. He reports that the day before, he fainted in the morning, losing consciousness only momentarily. For this reason, he was taken to a physician who tried to give an injection with dexamethasone but the patient did not allow it (even becoming somewhat aggressive), which is why he was only prescribed an antibiotic for 8 days. He is seen unusually serious and with little appetite; he asks for something to eat and when it is brought to him he does not eat it. No other information could be collected. Rubrics taken:
Using Boenninghausen’s P&W Therapeutic Pocket Book 1846 in Spanish
Click to amplify
Hahnemann-Chronic Diseases-The Remedies-Lycopodium
335. Pale, plaintive complexion.
336. Paler face, pulled.
337. Change of countenance, and sunken eyes.
519. Lack of appetite (after 3 days).
520. He does not crave his food, he has no appetite.
523. She cannot eat, she is always full and without appetite, and when she eats anything, she feels disgusted, even vomiting.
957. Expectoration of whitish mucus. [Gll.]
959. Thick, whitish yellow expectoration with violent cough.
1428. Sudden failure of strength, like fainting; she has to hold onto something; at the same time, blurred vision for half an hour.
1571. Chill (after 14 days).
1575. Continuous chill with sensitive coldness throughout the body, worse towards evening.
1597. Chills every day.
Rx.-Lycopodium Clavatum 30c Solution.
On January 27, considerable improvement is reported in the morning, the patient has eaten well and has a better face, but in the afternoon he returns to the state he was in. The father is asked to get a pulse oximeter. Oxygen saturation results in 83. The unsuccessful search for oxygen begins. The peak of the pandemic in the region has reached its maximums. There are no oxygen tanks or concentrators available. There are no beds available in hospitals. People emigrating to other states looking for a place to intern. The situation is critical. However, contact is made with the municipal government where there are some reserves of the essential element and the patient is registered in line for a later call once patients with lower records and in more critical condition are first treated at the discretion of a doctor assigned by the government in turn. Homeopathic treatment continues.
January 28- Simple chest CT is ordered:
In the lung window, parahilar bronchiectasis is observed, an area of greater right parahilar density, poorly defined with reticular images in relation to interstitial pneumonia or atypical pneumonitis. Bilateral intracisural pleurisy.
We can also take a look at Cyrus Maxwell Boger’s Boenninghausen´s Repertory in the chapter Chest-Inner Chest-Phenomena-Pneumonia. It is not recommended but only out of curiosity. One can observe remedies that were useful to the great masters in pneumonia:
Rx.-Lyc 30c Solution
Fortunately, the oxygen saturation has started to rise: 85. The patient eats well and has a better face.
Through a punctual and daily log reported by the father at 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., it is observed that saturation has gradually increased by 1-2 units per day. Today 93-94. It is worth mentioning that the interval of repetition of the doses of the homeopathic remedy was carried out with admirable discipline and without putting any obstacles to the therapy.
Painful constipation is reported. Diet is recommended.
Oxygen saturation 96-97. Clinic, Laboratories and Cabinet indicating remission of the pathology.
This case demonstrates four significant points:
1. Not always a case shows pathognomonic symptoms of the pathology in question. Here there were never, bouts of suffocation or suffocation, fever, chest pain, loss of taste or smell, etc. and yet the patient had pneumonia. Probably the underlying pathology or the anticonvulsant treatment suppressed some of these symptoms. Either way common sense and medical knowledge must be on the alert.
2. The effective application of Boenninghausen’s Therapeutic Pocket Book requires a complete understanding of the meaning of the rubrics and their applicability in each clinical situation.
3. Even in the absence of modalities, the precise combination of the symptoms of the current illness with the concomitant symptoms that present independently, together can provide a sufficient differential for homoeopathic diagnosis after consultation of Materia Medica Pura.
4. The use of advanced technologies such as tomography provides us with greater planimetric precision of the lesions, in this case of the thorax, which gives us an advantage in defining the location that is more akin to some remedies than others.
Still, it’s always good to keep in mind trying to define each of the symptoms as much as possible.