An I.H.M. case taking seminar is focused on two things.
#1 Examining the directives of Hahnemann
#2 Putting them into practice with the patient.
In the 21st century, Homoeopathy as a therapy has moved away from its scientifically rooted origins, and turned into a quasi-psychological/spiritual practice. The benefits of homoeopathy have been reduced by an incorrect application of the methodology in the clinic and thus a high success rate is negated.
It is our experience that the key to a successful practice is the act of following Hahnemann’s directions precisely in ascertaining the symptoms of the disease, to match with the requisite substance that can produce a curative reaction. It is that simple and that difficult.
In the first tentative moments of using homoeopathy, for example Arnica for bruising, and being amazed at the results, most of us thought the application of applying a remedy for a condition was amazingly simple and truly effective, and as we applied other remedies for other acute conditions, our faith grew in the system.
Then when we entered medical school or an establishment for teaching, we found that the approach we started with suddenly became a little more difficult for chronic cases, and a Kentian overlay on Hahnemann’s directions, introduced a religious/philosophical element regarding life and viewpoints of disease.
The I.H.M. directors, beginning in 1986, with a background in Kentian homoeopathy, decided to devote time to research, and as such delved deep into the archives of history and collated the original teaching of Hahnemann, and weighed everything that is ‘accepted’ in our therapy against Hahnemanns own words and examples to see if we strayed off the path, or indeed if we missed some key points in practice.
The teachers at the I.H.M. are all are independent practitioners with their own practice and teaching faculties. Yet we all share the same core research and information distribution in individual ways.
We offer a four day special seminar aimed specifically at advanced students and practitioners. This seminar will examine the basis of case taking according to Hahnemann, and how to follow his methodology exactly, and in the process, removing all the incorrect additions that have been added over the years from practitioners of his time until today. Successful completion and undertnding of this program, can lead to being invited to join the IHM Register. This is an intensive course and utilizes the Therapeutic Pocket Book as its root repertory. For those who wish to purchase the SYNOPSIS computer repertory, we offer a huge discount to attendees. The book repertory can be purchased for 50% off retail for seminar attendees also.
We will cover the following.
- Rationale and reasoning on Aphorisms §5 and §6. Eliminating the common mistakes that lose the case understanding.
- Utilising the instruction of §153 with the completed case taken with §6 directions.
- What is a prescribing symptom?
- What to ignore in a case taking and why.
- Do we treat the man or the disease?
- Examining the theory of Miasms in the light of modern disease knowledge, and how useful are miasms in prescribing?
- How to obtain the necessary information accurately to formulate a prescription in the shortest time possible.
- The importance of using only well proved remedies.
- How to read a remedy.
- Are there keynotes in a remedy?
- Which repertory to use?
- How to use a repertory properly.
- Case management.
- Potency and how to give a remedy.
- Repetition of remedies.
- Chronic Diseases; Hahnemanns conception of Miasms and what it means today.
- Why Schusslers tissue salts and Bach or any flower essences are NOT homoeopathy.
- And much more. Much more includes questions like, how important is Herings law of cure? Does it exist?… How long can I keep a person on a remedy? Dry dosing vs water dosing.
We will be examining remedy action through cases, live and paper.
The minimum number of practitioners we will take is two. Maximum is 10. We like the Seminar to be completely interactive and as such the small numbers allow for personalised teaching.
The Seminars will be conducted in Eastbourne East Sussex at our residential Headquarters.
Online Distance learning of the above course.
The Advanced Professional Training Course will be in a virtual classroom (online) in a modular arrangement
of 3 hours a module, once a week, and will be focused on people who already practice homoeopathy at the moment, and who want to make a change in their approach to the homoeopathy as taught by Hahnemann,